NASHVILLE- As health word continues to be a profitable product, people who would sell feign health word continue to be a risk to consumers. The Department of Commerce and Insurance (TDCI) wants Tennesseans to make sensitive choices and equivocate being swindled.
Unlicensed companies deceive consumers by collecting premiums for fraudulent word policies with no goal of profitable claims. These companies competence offer policies during costs that are significantly reduce than protected and legitimate word companies’ prices or they competence be formidable to strech by phone – if they are listed in phone directories during all. Consumers should check that they are traffic with a legitimate, protected insurer before signing adult for a policy.
“Companies that are not protected by a state to sell word competence lead consumers to consider they are handling legitimately, all while attempting to hedge state word regulations,” TDCI Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak said. “A association offered a health bonus plan, for example, competence call a product word when it is conjunction regulated nor insurance.”
The following are some tips to strengthen opposite feign health insurance:
- Ask tough questions and do your homework. Always review all materials and investigate websites carefully. Coverage that boasts low rates and minimal or no underwriting should be a vigilance for consumers to boost their inspection of a product.
- Treat ads for word around spam emails or blast fax with skepticism.
- Make certain your word representative is offered a state-licensed word product. You can hit TDCI during CIS.email@example.com, 615-741-2218 or 800-342-4029 to verify.
- Deal with creditable agents. If a chairman perplexing to sell we coverage says he or she doesn’t need a permit since a coverage isn’t word or is giveaway from regulation, watch out.
- Also, in box we are an worker of a association offered products and wish to make certain your practices and products are agreeable with state law, greatfully feel giveaway to e-mail us during CIS.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-741-2218 or 800-342-4029.
The Department of Commerce and Insurance works to strengthen consumers while ensuring satisfactory foe for industries and professionals who do business in Tennessee. www.tn.gov/commerce/, @TNCommerceInsur (Twitter), http://on.fb.me/uFQwUZ (Facebook), http://bit.ly/ry1GyX (YouTube)